First, let’s get the money out of the way. $55,000 – $75,000 PLUS super (depending on experience) with clear progression plan to Partner.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification and have at least 2 years of work experience in public practice accounting. You’ll have likely started the CA Program, and we’ll mentor you to finish that (also providing leave for study and $$ support).
The essence of the role is simple –
- You’ll have mastered the basics of compliance (you know how to do tax returns, financials, BAS’s etc), Xero is second nature to you, and you’re keen to start working directly with clients
- You’ll have the support of your Associate Partner, and join them in client meetings for your designated clients – the key meetings with a client are:
- AGM – delivering the tax results to a client, and planning our their next year with them
- Family Wealth Meeting – ensuring your clients keep an eye on growing their wealth outside of investing everything in their business
- Tax Planning – a chance to pay for ourselves multiple times over, through saving our clients thousands or tens of thousands in tax savings each year
- You will quickly build trust with clients and take the lead as the main contact person for a group of clients
- We will teach you our sales process and over time you’ll be responsible for bringing in clients, right from their initial ‘Strategy Call’ through to becoming a client, we call ‘Inspire Family’
- You will have a team under you (a Junior Accountant and preparers), preparing your allocated client’s tax returns, BAS’s and other key documents throughout the year
- You’d be a call or email away from the clients if they needed help – and best of all, quick telephone calls and emails are free.
- You’d get all the technical and soft skills training you’d need to become one of the most impactful accountants in Australia.
- You’d know your clients business and family intimately.
A bit about you personally …
- You’re a great accountant and numbers is ‘your thang’.
- You’re also a people person and willing to help your clients/team
- You prefer small dynamic teams to being a cog in a big machine.
- You’re honest and want to do the right thing by people.
- You’re on a mission in life.
- You’re great at communicating complex ideas and making them simple.
- You thrive on being the trusted advisor to the business owners.
- You take pride in your team and their achievements.
- You’re observant and have attention to detail which allows you to stay one step ahead in preempting and solving problems as well as identifying and harnessing opportunities.
- You love your family.
- You love a challenge.
A bit about Inspire …
We are Inspire – Life-Changing Accountants.
We help Young Families get Cashed Up, so they can use their Business for Good.
We’re best known for having proactively saved our small business clients $24M+ in tax, which they use to reinvest back into their growing business & family.
Why work for Inspire?
- We are a friendly team of 18 & have an inspirational environment – no drama, no politics or BS
- You get $3,000 to spend on personal and professional development, each year
- Super fast-paced – learn more here in 2 years than elsewhere in 7
- Career development plans and see your pathway to Partner
- Team retreats every 4 months to review, celebrate and plan out the next 4 months #WorkHardPlayHard
*NO international applications. Must be based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.